Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Questionable Milestones

I'm not sure if I should be proud, horrified or just greatly alarmed by this, but I reached a new level in my running dedication this morning.  I was out for a quick 10 miler before work-doing my thing like any other morning.  It was early and it was still dark.  I noticed some discomfort but runners deal with discomfort all the time and you learn to ignore it.


When I got home, I proceeded to shred the running clothes and noticed how serious the discomfort was.

Yes, friends.  That is a blood stain fixed over the spot where my nipple would have been.  I am now a member of the bloody nipple club (if there is such a thing).  To those of you who have not yet joined, I highly discourage it.  The initiation is messy and painful and the benefits are none.  Use band aids to cover up the goods and run happy.  But if you do happen to join, let me know and we'll make a T shirt or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment